We are looking
Contract Layout Artist / Cinematic Artist (motionbuilder)
We are looking for a contract layout artist / cinematic artist to help us out on a game cinematics project immediately.
metricminds is specialized in the creation of in-engine cutscenes for game developers. We use Unreal Engine and other engines and work directly with the tools and assets of our clients. Our studio is located in Frankfurt, Germany and was founded in 2001. Our clients include 2K Games, EA, Epic, Guerrilla Games, WB Games and more.
Using our client’s assets and taking their creative brief (script, storyboard, etc.), you will work with our team to create stunning and enticing cutscenes for a AAA game. You will start by blocking out scenes, recording or bringing in mocap and then iterating your way through to the final, polished cutscene. We are putting a strong focus on storytelling while keeping our client’s objectives for each cutscene in mind.
* Experience doing Realtime work (motionbuilder is a must!)
* Understanding of shot composition, framing, cinematography, editing, and flow
* Good skills in animation
* Very good skills in camera placement and animation
* Good showreel showcasing animated works you have done
* Able to work well in a team
* Willing to relocate (if necessary) to Frankfurt for the duration of the project
* Private Experience with CryEngine
* Good English Speaking Skills
* Able to prioritize and multi-task
* Industry Experience doing Realtime work (Unreal or CryEngine preferred)
* Knowledge of photography principles, storytelling and movie making
* Professional Experience with motionbuilder
* experience with materials/shaders/textures creation/manipulation and particles
* Good Portfolio showcasing past works in composition, photography
* Strong technical Background with the ability to solve problems if they arise
This project will run for 1-2 months, starting immediately. If you’re interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org