We are looking
Senior Layout Artist / Senior Cinematic Artist
We are looking for a layout artist / cinematic artist to help create fantastic game cinematics projects, starting immediately.
metricminds is specialized in the creation of in-engine cutscenes for game developers. We use Unreal Engine and other engines and work directly with the tools and assets of our clients. Our studio is located in Frankfurt, Germany and was founded in 2001. Our clients include 2K Games, EA, Epic, Guerrilla Games, THQ Nordic and more.
You can find a good overview of our studio and past works at http://www.metricminds.com
Using our clients’ assets and taking their creative brief (script, storyboard, etc.), you will work with our team to create stunning and enticing cutscenes and trailers for AAA games. You will start by blocking out scenes, recording or bringing in mocap and then iterating your way through to the final, polished cutscene layout. We are putting a strong focus on storytelling while keeping our clients’ objectives for each cutscene in mind.
- Help drive the development of AAA quality cinematics / cutscenes
- Design and create shots from Scripts and / or Storyboards, using cinematic know-how and language to tell a story
- Block out rough sequences which will later receive animation of characters, props and cameras
- Use real-life camera behavior to enhance the camera’s role in story telling
- Work with a director and a team of artists to create high quality video sequences on tight timelines
- minimum 3 years of professional experience in the field
- Experience using Motion Capture to tell a story and an inherent understanding of animation timing
- Understanding of shot composition, framing, cinematography, editing, and flow
- Very good skills in camera placement and animation
- Good showreel showcasing animated works you have done
- Able to work well in a team
- Sport a Problem-solving attitude
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt, Germany
- Good English Speaking Skills
- Able to self-organize and strong attention to detail
- Professional experience using motionbuilder
- Industry experience doing real-time work (Unreal Engine preferred)
- Solid animation knowledge or ability to create your own block-outs / animatics
- Knowledge of photography principles, storytelling and movie making
- Good Portfolio showcasing past works in composition, photography
- Strong technical Background with the ability to solve problems if they arise
Applicants must be eligible to work in countries inside of the European Union.
If you’re interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Some error has occured.