metricminds offers the chance to work intimately on some of the most interesting projects the games industry has to offer. The international team is highly skilled, extremely motivated and a lot of fun to be around.
The studio promotes a creative atmosphere that benefits the many captivating projects you will be working on.
The company’s future perspective is fascinating, with more projects coming in, but also great new possibilities in the serious games sector and developments in mobile game creation.
Frankfurt Am Main is often dubbed the most ‘cosmopolitan’ city of Germany. Nearly 25% of Frankfurt residents are foreign nationals, which creates an abundance of cultural offerings, including restaurants, theaters, festivities and more. The city conscutively made the Top 10 in the Mercer ranking for quality of living. It is safe and beautiful.
It stands tall with an impressive skyline and an equally impressive
reputation as Germany’s financial capital. The recent economic boom has
meant that more people across the globe are considering a move to the city.
How to proceed:
Check out our job listings below, otherwise feel free to send us an application and tell us about yourself and your abilities. You may use our contact form which gives you the chance to enter your information in a questionnaire and upload materials you’d like us to see. We happily accept applications in both German and English.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We are looking for a contract layout artist / cinematic artist to help us out on a game cinematics project immediately.
metricminds is specialized in the creation of in-engine cutscenes for game developers. We use Unreal Engine and other engines and work directly with the tools and assets of our clients. Our studio is located in Frankfurt, Germany and was founded in 2001. Our clients include 2K Games, EA, Epic, Guerrilla Games, WB Games and more.
Using our client’s assets and taking their creative brief (script, storyboard, etc.), you will work with our team to create stunning and enticing cutscenes for a AAA game. You will start by blocking out scenes, recording or bringing in mocap and then iterating your way through to the final, polished cutscene. We are putting a strong focus on storytelling while keeping our client’s objectives for each cutscene in mind.
* Experience doing Realtime work (motionbuilder is a must!)
* Understanding of shot composition, framing, cinematography, editing, and flow
* Good skills in animation
* Very good skills in camera placement and animation
* Good showreel showcasing animated works you have done
* Able to work well in a team
* Willing to relocate (if necessary) to Frankfurt for the duration of the project
* Private Experience with CryEngine
* Good English Speaking Skills
* Able to prioritize and multi-task
* Industry Experience doing Realtime work (Unreal or CryEngine preferred)
* Knowledge of photography principles, storytelling and movie making
* Professional Experience with motionbuilder
* experience with materials/shaders/textures creation/manipulation and particles
* Good Portfolio showcasing past works in composition, photography
* Strong technical Background with the ability to solve problems if they arise
This project will run for 1-2 months, starting immediately. If you’re interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org