metricminds offers the chance to work intimately on some of the most interesting projects the games industry has to offer. The international team is highly skilled, extremely motivated and a lot of fun to be around.
The studio promotes a creative atmosphere that benefits the many captivating projects you will be working on.
The company’s future perspective is fascinating, with more projects coming in, but also great new possibilities in the serious games sector and developments in mobile game creation.
Frankfurt Am Main is often dubbed the most ‘cosmopolitan’ city of Germany. Nearly 25% of Frankfurt residents are foreign nationals, which creates an abundance of cultural offerings, including restaurants, theaters, festivities and more. The city conscutively made the Top 10 in the Mercer ranking for quality of living. It is safe and beautiful.
It stands tall with an impressive skyline and an equally impressive
reputation as Germany’s financial capital. The recent economic boom has
meant that more people across the globe are considering a move to the city.
How to proceed:
Check out our job listings below, otherwise feel free to send us an application and tell us about yourself and your abilities. You may use our contact form which gives you the chance to enter your information in a questionnaire and upload materials you’d like us to see. We happily accept applications in both German and English.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We are looking for a contract cinematic artist to help us out on a project in CryEngine.
Using our client’s assets and engine tools (CryEngine) and taking their creative brief (script, storyboard, etc.), you will work with our team to create stunning and enticing cutscenes for a AAA game. You will start by blocking out scenes and then iterating your way through to the final, polished cutscene. We are putting a strong focus on storytelling while keeping our client’s objectives for each cutscene in mind.
– Experience doing Realtime work (Unreal or CryEngine preferred)
– Understanding of shot composition, framing, cinematography, editing, and flow
– Good skills in animation
– Very good skills in camera placement and animation
– Good showreel showcasing animated works you have done
– Able to work well in a team
– Willing to relocate (if necessary) to Frankfurt for the duration of the project
– Private Experience with CryEngine
– Good English Speaking Skills
– Able to prioritize and multi-task
– Industry Experience doing Realtime work (Unreal or CryEngine preferred)
– Knowledge of photography principles, storytelling and movie making
– Professional Experience with CryEngine
– experience with materials/shader/textures creation/manipulation and particles
– Good Portfolio showcasing past works in composition, photography
– Strong technical Background with the ability to solve problems if they arise
This project will run for several months starting soon. If you’re interested, please contact email@example.com
We are looking for a cinematic artist to join our team in a full-time position.
An excellent opportunity has just been created for a highly experienced Senior Animator to join metricminds, one of Europe’s leading Animation Studios specialized in In-Engine cutscenes.
Working for a globally recognized and anticipated AAA title, you will be contributing to the development of cutscenes that should obey to the highest standards of quality.
You will be responsible for the execution and implementation of high quality creature animations. Therefore we expect strong key frame animation skills, especially with large creatures. You will be joining a small team of extremely talented and international professionals and will be expected to work with them to create cunning, realistic creature animations.
• Strong knowledge of Maya / Motionbuilder.
• Proven experience animating creatures / monsters (quadruped and biped).
• Demonstrated ability to deliver strong key frame character animation
• Experience in the gaming industry
• Comfortable with team work and proactive / creative mindset
• Fluent in English (German speaker would be a plus)
• You must be willing to re-locate to Frankfurt, Germany
Sample Work Required:
• Animation reel showing realistic key framed animations
• Complete CV
• Any other material you feel important to share with us
• Priority will be given to candidates with proven experience animating creatures / monsters (quadruped and biped).
• The position is located in Frankfurt, Germany in an international, young and dynamic working studio.
• Project duration will be ca. 4-6 months
• Salary is competitive and relocation support will be available.
If you feel that your background and experience are well suited and you are looking for an exciting opportunity to join one of the most progressive studios in the development of In-Engine cutscenes then apply today. Applications are being reviewed immediately.
Please send your CV, cover letter, and samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Animator (Monsters)” in the subject line. Or apply here: http://metricminds.com/?page_id=834
· Expert experience in Unity Engine
· At least 7 years’ experience in a development role.
· Shipped at least one mobile game
· Excellent knowledge of MAYA and Photoshop
· Excellent work ethic with strong written and verbal communication skills in English
· Ability to work independently and in team environment
· Design and create particle / FX effects within Unity
· Understands good interface designs and have the ability to create interface artwork
· Ability to plan tasks with the production team
· Highly proficient in C, C#, C++, Java, Python
· Proficiency with Mobile Operating Systems: Android, iOS and others with an advanced understanding of the challenges multi-platform development entails
· Advanced knowledge of Unity team workflow and integration pipelines
· Ability to create low- and high-polygon environment objects, characters, and other models based on art direction and gameplay requirements
· Understanding of animation principles and 3D character animation
· Strong desire to create exceptional and fun games.
· Verbal communication skills in German.
· Provide general “hands-on” art for the project, ranging from 3d modeling, texturing, animation, and UI.
Please send your CV, cover letter, and samples to email@example.com with “Senior Programmer” in the subject line or apply directly on our website.